Many thanks for considering/offering to be part of our exciting community of Volunteers at Old Colfeians RFC!
Your generous offer of support is so important and very much appreciated.
Volunteers are the backbone of our clubs existence by leading, supporting & developing Rugby within our club and our wider community.
The Clubs Safeguarding Team are in charge of getting all Volunteers registered and DBS checked.
- Angie Elder (Club Safeguarding Officer – CSO) 07514 067 535
- Donna Riviere (Assistant CSO) – 07949 865 580
We are responsible for the welfare and compliance of our club Volunteers and specifically for our club members aged 6 -18, as part of OCRFC’s commitment to child safety and best practice.
How to become a Volunteer
2. Complete & Sign the following forms:
Please2. Complete and Sign the following forms:
- Volunteer Application Form, (Attached as Word doc.) Send the completed form either as a scanned doc or photograph attachment back to me.)
- Team Volunteer Declaration Form This form is Held by your Team Manager and can only be signed after reading the Handbook)
NB: All forms are for our clubs purposes only and none are forwarded to the RFU
3. Complete a DBS Application:
Once we receive your Volunteer Application Form, we will begin the process of applying for your DBS certificate.
- An automated email will be sent from the DBS platform
- Please follow the link and choose 3 forms of ID.
- (TIP – Answer YES or NO to all the ID options to reveal further choices until you have selected 3 appropriate documents.)
We will then need to witness your chosen 3 forms of ID (MUST BE ORIGINALS)
The process should take no more than 10 minutes at the club. We can be found before and after training in the clubhouse bar.
Upon Completion, your Certificate should arrive within approx 2 weeks.
NB: We do NOT need the form – The Form is your property to keep safe should you be requested to present it at any time in the future.
‘CONCUSSION COURSE’ – (On-line course)
Must be completed before attending the other courses
Everyone can do the coaches one – most beneficial
‘PLAY IT SAFE’
The following courses are coming up nearby
PLAY IT SAFE – Westcombe Park RF –Thursday 20th September 7-10pm
RUGBY READY – (We are still awaiting a date)
However, if you would like to see if there are any courses elsewhere then you can search here for the next available course: http://www.englandrugby.com/m
What now? Can I start volunteering?
Coaches – Yes you can, BUT only as part of our Coaching Buddy System set up to support new coaches. This means that until the above requirements have been met, you are very welcome to begin your role as an assistant coach but supervision is required. Once your DBS Certificate arrives, you feel confident and when your Manager and Head Coach are happy, you can then begin to lead sessions as a fully fledged Team Coach! You should also make every effort to attend the relevant courses within approx 2 months of beginning the role.