Safeguarding (Child Welfare)
Old Colfeians adhere to the RFU’s requirements on child/U18s safety.
We require our volunteers to hold a current CRB certificate, to have undergone a RFU safeguarding course and to follow our safeguarding policies found here.
To register as a volunteer at our club, please contact us to begin the process.
Our current Safeguarding Team are:
Old Colfeians’ RFC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, fairness and non-discrimination. We strive to maintain good practice in the coaching of young players, ensuring young players can flourish in a safe environment.
OCRFC is bound by the RFU/RFUW Child Protection Policy document. Any concerns raised will be dealt with initially by OCRFC and then forwarded to KENT, our Constituent Body and then onto the RFU should it be necessary.
Coaches are constantly reminded of their duty in relation to the “Coaches Code of Conduct”. Additionally, parents and supporters, both home and away, are encouraged to support all the players in a manner that constitutes acceptable behaviour both during and after the game has concluded.
Parents should be reminded that whilst their child is being coached on the pitch, he or she will be in the care of a coach or coaches. After training has concluded, the player again becomes the responsibility of the parents or guardian. HOWEVER, we strongly recommend that parents remain pitchside and nominate another parent to be guardian should they need to leave momentarily.
Policies & Guidance
- Club Safeguarding Policy
- Protective Equipment Policy
- Equity Policy
- Anti Bullying Policy
- Communications with Children and Web Site and Social Media Policy
- Photography Policy
- Youth Discipline Policy
- Codes of Conduct
- Financial Assistance Policy and Application Form
- Long Term Athletic Development (LTAD)
- Guidance for dealing with challenging behaviour
Tour Policies & Guidance
- RFU Tour Application form ( NB this must be sent to Kent RFU at least 1 month before you tour)
- Tour policy
- RFU Child Touring Consent Form (needed for each child)
- RFU tour guidelines
- RFU/ Marsh Tour Insurance Summary
- RFU/ Marsh Tour Insurance Application form
- “Touring with Children and Vulnerable Adults” – a must read for anyone planning a tour for any players under 18 year olds